Free Coco!

Free Coco!




Coco Rocha is spending some quality time in New York this summer—but not necessarily by choice. “I’m actually stuck here in the States for two months. We’re in the midst of my green card application,” the Vancouver native told us last night at a rooftop party at David Yurman’s offices. It’s not quite the same as house arrest, but if you’re used to jetting around as much as this particular international fashion model, it can probably start to feel like it. Rocha and her husband, James Conran, smartly squeezed in trips to Tulum and Argentina before the travel restriction took effect. “If I want to work, I have to leave sometimes,” Rocha said. Now, she joked, “I feel like I’m not allowed to leave my couch. Everyone has to come see me.”

She’s hoping to have her wings again by September, when she plans to take a Haiti documentary she filmed with Behati Prinsloo up to Toronto. If her status hasn’t changed by then, Rocha said, “I’m supposed to plead with the government to allow me out.” Word of advice, fair Coco: Try to make your case in person.


Photo: Joe Schildhorn / BFAnyc.com

Comments

Popular Posts