On Our Radar: Chance


On Our Radar: Chance

May 25, 2012
When I was a kid, my mom used to dress me in stripes, and ever since then, I have racked up a growing collection of striped pieces (I still keep the tradition going today with my daughter Gloria). Especially in the summer, cutoffs and a striped top are my go-to weekend outfit, so of course, when I first saw Chance’s California-inspired collection of timeless basics, I was immediately drawn to it. From the boatneck shirts in turquoise, green, and blue to the canvas totes and printed beach towels, it’s all so perfect for summer. (The one-year-old brand’s designer, Julia Leach, knows a thing or two about stripes—she’s the ex-creative director of Kate Spade.) And though it’s just her second collection, filled with a range of long cotton dresses, tanks, and shorts, it’s already exclusively stocked at Barneys. It’s all very basic, super chic, and classic. If you are going away to the beach this weekend, you might want to visit her Web site or stop by Barneys for a quick shopping spree.

Pictured: Boatneck tee, $68; beach towel, $85; and Body of Water tote, $235. All available at Barneys New York and www.chanceco.com.
Photos: Courtesy of Chance

Comments

Popular Posts